New Economic Questions
As the next generation of economic thinkers, we are faced with new and different questions. We need to reimagine what it means to ‘think like an economist’.
Instead of starting from a technique that can be applied to every problem, we recognize the need to start from the questions.
In 2020, the YSI community collaborated a challenge to identify 100 pertinent research questions. View them all below.
- How can economics be made truly inclusive?
- Can economic systems of production, distribution and consumption fundamentally be just? – and to design it so transition to these systems is sustainable, non-violent?
- What place do current systems give to usefulness, to beauty?
- How can economics take in new insights that truly would enrich it as draws from other disciplines and stations?
- How to switch from value extraction to value creation?
- Recognizing biases inherent in its thought, is it possible to build a better kind of economics?
Consider becoming an organizer, and starting a project of your own within the YSI community! You can invite a speaker you are interested in hearing from, host a discussion with peers, or something else.