Sustainability Working Group
Join us in the search for economic solutions to environmental challenges like climate change, pollution, and the management and distribution of finite resources.
- Climate change adaptation and mitigation strategies in the context of COP 27
- Exploration of alternative economic models (such as stock and flow, agent-based modeling, and complex networks) to analyze climate policies and their impact on the economy
- Climate justice and economic development
- The role of economic research in informing public policy for the achievement of the SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals)
- Sustainable management of common goods
- How can we achieve a socially and ecologically just world without perpetuating racism or neo-colonialism?
- What are the limitations of economic thinking in addressing environmental problems?
- Can alternative approaches help address the impacts of climate change and potential policies?
- How does environmental activism challenge the capitalist system, and what methods, limitations, and learning outcomes are involved?
- Besides the standard definition, what does ‘sustainability’ really mean to the marginalized communities suffering most from environmental disasters?
- Ecologizing Economics: Reflexivity, Methods and Interdisciplinarity in the Age of Anthropocene
- YSI @ II Agent-Based Models in Economics Seasonal School 2023 | Sant’Anna
- YSI @ II Unicamp Workshop on Agent-Based Models
- YSI @ ECOECO Conference 2023
- Webinar Series on Climate Adapation and Mitigation Measures
Existing partnerships and cooperation
- The Economy of Francesco (EoF)
- Sant’Anna Scuola Universitaria Superiore, Pisa
- Brazilian Association of Ecological Economics (ECOECO)
- International Input-Output Association (IIOA)
You’re welcome to join any webinar or reading group at any time. You’re also invited to apply to present or participate in an any in-person workshop in your area.