Africa Working Group
The Africa Working Group explores the economic challenges on the continent. How will Africa overcome its legacy, strengthen its institutions and advance towards an equitable, and sustainable future?
- Politics of knowledge production
- Fiscal and monetary developments in Africa
- Evolution of aid and debt
- Responses and recovery from COVID-19 crisis — Impact on African economic development
- Challenges of sustainable development in Africa
- Industrial Development in Africa
- Governance and Economic Development — values of African societies, entities and institutions and their effect on governance in Africa — Colonial legacies and beyond
- Trade and Trade Agreements AfCFTA — implementation and the place for SMEs in these processes
- Law, Governance and Corruption in Africa
- Illicit financial flows in Africa
New Economic Questions:
- How can African countries localize sustainable development in an era immersed in the imperatives of globalization?
- Why do people move? If we can understand Migration, we can then manage it and minimize its harmful consequences on the origin and destination countries
- How can Africa completely decolonize?
Partnerships and cooperations:
- Institute of Economic Justice (Johannesburg, South Africa)
- Friedrich Ebert Stiftung
You’re welcome to join any webinar or reading group at any time. You’re also invited to apply to present or participate in an any in-person workshop in your area.