Dear Fellow Young Scholars,
The YSI has extended the deadline for receiving abstracts for the North America Regional Convening! The new deadline is on January 7th, 2019.
The convening will be held in Los Angeles at USC Dornsife; 22-24 February 2019.
INET will cover travel and accommodation costs of all young scholars whose papers are accepted for presentation sessions.
We have remarkable keynote speakers including George Akerlof and Michael Sandel and incredible senior scholars mentoring different working groups.
The Urban and Regional Economics Working Group welcomes submission from any topic concerning urban and regional issues. Topics for presentations may include:
- Urban and Regional Sustainability
- Complexity in Urban and Regional Economics
- The political ecology of the environment and society
- Agent-based modeling applied to the Regional Economics
- Processes for internalizing the environment
- Techniques for assessing the environmental impact
- Urban and regional policy instruments
- Scale and actors in key environmental areas
- Water-Energy-Food Nexus
- Sociotechnical energy transitions
- Climate resilience and adaptation
Our working group is an open and inclusive space for inter- and transdisciplinary discussions on new perspectives on urban and regional studies. We encourage submissions of extended abstracts (~1.000 words) or full papers.
Papers that are at the intersection of urban and regional economics and sustainability have the chance to be presented at a joint session with the YSI Sustainability Working Group.
We are looking forward to seeing you in LA!