We are happy to invite you to submit your work to the “1st UFPR Winter School on Economic Development: Feminist and Gender Economics”, which will be held on 9 August in Curitiba, Brazil.
The 1st UFPR Winter School on Economic Development is organized by the Graduate Program in Economic Development (PPGDE) of the Federal University of Paraná (UFPR) (http://www.prppg.ufpr.br/site/ppgde/en/) in partnership with the YSI-INET. The event will occur a day before the XXVI Economics Meeting of the Southern (https://www.anpec.org.br/novosite/br/xxvi-encontro-de-economia-da-regiao-sul).
The first edition of Winter School addresses Gender and Feminist economics from a multidisciplinary perspective. The event aims to bring together researchers from different intellectual backgrounds and countries to discuss their works and ongoing research advances on the topic.
The event will be held in Curitiba, Brazil, on August 9, 2023. We are calling for Master students, Masters, Ph.D. Students and postdoctoral to submit an extended abstract (maximum of 1,000 characters) of their research before June 4 in the following areas:
• Female and gender economics
• Women in economics
• Gender gap in the labor market
• Studies on care and time use
• Feminist Economics
• Macroeconomics/microeconomics of gender inequalities
• Applied studies on female and gender economics
• History of economic thought and economic history from gender and feminist perspectives
• Public policies for gender equity and for diversity
• Feminist political economy
• Historical interpretations
• Climate change and the impact on women
The Winter School will be held a day before the XXVI Economics Meeting of the Southern, with a panel event that will feature two keynote speakers Rebeca Gomez Betancourt (Université Lyon) and Solange Ledi Gonçalves (University of São Paulo), plus professors and researchers from South and Southeast Universities. Further, the papers approved for participation in the Winter School will receive comments from the audience. Selected Young Scholars from within and outside Brazil may be eligible for partial travel stipends.
• Submission of extended abstracts (maximum of 1,000 characters): June, 4;
• Acceptance announcement: June, 23;
• The papers can be written in English; Spanish, or Portuguese.