History of Economic Thought Working Group
Join us to dig up the roots of contemporary economic orthodoxy, reveal time-honored rival approaches, and imagine new possible futures.
Sattwick Dey Biswas
Yaku Fernandez Landa
- Policy alternatives
- What key intellectual traditions and historical developments have shaped economic thought across time and space? What traditions/ thoughts have been ignored and why?
- How were economic ideas shaped by social, political, and cultural factors, and how have they, in turn, shaped these spheres of human experience?
- How can we improve our engagement and interpretation of the history of economic thought?
- What does the history of economic thoughts tell us about our present political economy?
- How can we decolonise the history of economic thought?
- Graduate webinar series throughout the year
- Reading and discussing classics
- Book talk/ interviews with the authors of the book
- Alums talk
- Coffee shop
- In-person workshops/ conferences in different parts of the world
Existing partnerships and cooperation
- European Society for History of Economic Thought
- History of Economic Thought Website
- The History of Economic Thought Society
You’re welcome to join any webinar or reading group at any time. You’re also invited to apply to present or participate in an any in-person workshop in your area.